Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Penceroboh lolos, Kenderaan Tentera bertali arus ke Kg Tandou


Puluhan kenderaan tentera dilihat memasuki kawasan berhampiran Kampung Tanduo lewat petang ini.

Kenderaan tentera yang bertali arus itu, termasuk kereta perisai dan trak membawa anggota tentera, dilihat memasuki kawasan jalan ladang kelapa sawit pada kira-kira jam 6.30 petang ini.

Barisan trak tersebut mengambil masa kira-kira 15 minit untuk membelok ke jalan ladang tersebut.

Turut dilihat dalam barisan kenderaan itu adalah dua ambulans. Jalan ladang berkenaan merupakan antara beberapa laluan ke Kampung Tanduo.

Petugas media dihalang daripada menggunakan jalan berkenaan, dan hanya dilalui pasukan keselamatan yang menuju kampung tersebut.

Perkembangan ini berlaku susulan dakwaan penduduk tempatan bahawa Tentera Diraja Sulu yang dikepung di Kampung Tandou meloloskan diri dari sekatan dan menduduki Kampung Tanjung Batu ~ Malaysiakini

Sementara itu Borneo Insider melaporkan..

FELDA SABAHAT, [LAHAD DATU]: A fresh intrusion into Sabah’s east coast has been reported. Armed men were spotted at Tanjung Labian and Tanjung Batu, two seaside villages close to each other, and not far from Tanduo, in Sahabat 17.

Sabah police commissioner Datuk Hamza Taib confirmed this latest development but has declined further information.

Unconfirmed reports filtering in to Borneo Insider said the armed men, believed to be raiders of the Sulu Sultanate, came about the same time, Semporna also came under alert with frantic security personnel taking defensive positions at the Marine Police base as well as the District police Station.

And Borneo Insider also learnt that a panic situation has also surfaced in neighbouring Kunak where shops and businesses shut down early following alerts by security personnel.

In Lahad Datu, which is the closest to Tanduo, where the security forces are in a stand-off with raiders of the Sulu army, lesser people movement was reported and shops have had their shutters down once again.

Rumours have also surfaced in Kota Kinabalu, Sepanggar and Kinarut, though police have denied that there is any situation that warranted worry.

People are not taking the situation lightly and supermarkets have reported panic buying of essential commodities like rice and cooking oil.

Informed sources claimed in a call to Borneo Insider that movement of security personnel has increased in the Felda Sahabat areas and armoured personnel carriers (APCs) were seen being transported in.

In Tanduo, it is now certain that army tanks and crack troops are poised to enter Tanduo in a bid to end the three-week long stand-off.

In an article that appeared in news portal Sabahkini.com today, its report claimed that 30 villagers of Tanjung Labian and Tanjung Batu have been taken hostage by heavily armed Filipino militants and are now being held in one of the houses.

The report claimed that they had been contacted by UMNO Tg Labian branch chief, Kunsul Nahul that his son, named Rudy, was among the hostages being held.

Last night (Sunday) Kunsul claimed that senior police officers had been told about the forthcoming arrivals of the raiders, but police seemed cool towards it and there was no police presence at all.

“But at 9.00am Monday, the men appeared and rounded up the villagers,” a disappointed and worried Kunsul was quoted as saying.

Other villagers in Tg Labian and Tg Batu have since been evacuated.

French wire news agency, AFP reported that a total of 27 people have been killed after two deadly shootouts in Sabah on Borneo island where militants landed on February 12, claiming the state for the heir to a former Philippine sultanate.

Read more HERE

Followers

Archive

Related Posts with Thumbnails