Friday, December 9, 2011

Sharizat!! MIC tanya.. RM2 Juta ni hilang kemana?



Semalam Pengerusi MIC bahagian Batu, Ramanathan Chinnu membuat pendedahan di akhbar The Star berhubung tindakan Kementerian Pembangunan Wanita, Keluarga dan Masyarakat menyerahkan dana RM2 juta kepada penyelaras BN bagi setiap kawasan Parlimen yang dimenangi Pakatan Rakyat.


Ini juga adalah satu penyelewengan oleh Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil kerana sebagai menteri yang bertanggungjawab, dana berkenaan seharusnya diserahkan oleh pegawai kerajaan dari kementeriannya terus kepada rakyat bukan melalui penyelaras BN.

Pengerusi MIC bahagian Batu, Ramanathan Chinnu dana tersebut adalah sebagai bantuan kepada orang India yang memerlukan dan bagi membolehkan BN mendapat kredit perkara ini telah diwar-warkan kepada masyarakat setempat.

MIC Bahagian telah menghantar 207 permohonan namun 43 permohonan telah ditolak sebab mereka bukan pengundi berdaftar di Parlimen Batu.

Tiba hari dijanjikan hanya 70 orang dari yang disenaraikan oleh MIC Bahagian Batu mendapat bantuan tunai tersebut yang diberikan oleh penyelaras bantuan iaitu Datuk Yahya Mat Ghani.

Menurut Datuk Yahya Mat Ghani di dalam sampul terbabit terdapat RM200.00.. malangnya apabila dibuka hanya RM100.00

Bacalah kat bawa ni..

Batu MIC: Cash aid meant for the poor not given out

BATU MIC members are questioning the mysterious disappearance of funds that should have been distributed to the Indian community during Deepavali.

They claim that Barisan Nasional coordinator Datuk Yahaya Mat Ghani had earlier promised to hand out the money to eligible applicants who were Batu voters.

The aid was given by the Community Welfare and Development Council (Mayang) under the Women, Family and Community Development Ministry.

All BN coordinators were allocated RM2mil each to be distributed to the poor.

During a meeting in September with MIC, Indian Progressive Front (IPF) and Makkal Sakthi, Yahaya had handed out forms to the respective leaders for aid to be given out to needy Indians.

Batu MIC division chairman, Ramanathan Chinnu said they had submitted 207 forms to be checked by the Batu Umno secretariat and 43 were rejected because they were not registered Batu voters.

He said Yahaya had promised to hand out the money to eligible applicants during a Deepavali open house organised by MIC Batu on Oct 22.

However, at the eleventh hour, Ramanathan and his members were informed that only 70 people would receive the aid.

“When we found out we were taken aback because we realised something was wrong.

“Everybody thinks MIC is behind the disappearance of the money as we handed out the forms with our stamp,” said Batu MIC Youth chief D.R. Pala Kumaran.

“No money was also given to MIC to organise the event. To make matters worse, no Umno representative turned up for the event except for the individual who brought the aid for the 70 people.”

According to Ramanathan, something similar had occurred during a Tamil New Year celebration in April last year.

Yahaya had promised to hand out RM200 to poor Indians during a special ceremony that was organised at the Sri Athieswaran temple.

However, there was only RM100 in the envelope.

Ramanathan said when questioned, Yahaya had said the welfare department had not given out the money yet.

However, he said a check with Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil revealed the money for the New Year celebration was handed out. The case has not been solved till today.

Ramananthan said they had sent out letters to top BN leaders but they had not received any feedback.

“Voters are unhappy. Despite all this we have been going to the ground to meet Indian voters to gain their trust,” he added.

Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik said he had not heard of the missing funds.

“If this is true, they should make a formal complaint and we will investigate. There must be proof.

“Maybe there is some miscommunication.

“I am sure they will eventually get it,” he said.

When contacted, Yahaya said he was aware that some people did not receive the allocation and there would be a second round of payment soon.

“So far we have disbursed a total of RM1.6mil to about 8,000 people in Batu through the respective component parties of Umno, MCA, MIC, PPP and Gerakan,’’ he said.

“The second round of payment from the Mayang funds will be made once the funds have been released by the Welfare Department.

“Don’t worry, once we get the funds we will give to the MIC,’’ Yahaya said, adding the funds must be given out by Dec 31.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2011/12/9/central/10023350&sec=central

Followers

Archive

Related Posts with Thumbnails