Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jepun arah pekerja abai loji, keadaan dipercayai tak terkawal

TOKYO, 16 Mac — Jepun hari ini mengarahkan kesemua pekerjanya bertindak keluar dari kawasan loji tenaga nuklearnya di sebelah timur laut yang rosak teruk akibat bencana berganda Jumaat lalu.



This handout picture shows the damaged third (L) and fourth reactors of the TEPCO Fukushima No.1 power plant in Fukushima, north of Tokyo, March 16, 2011

Arahan itu dikeluarkan ekoran peningkatan paras radiasi yang terbocor ekoran siri kebakaran dan letupan di kompleks tenaga nuklear Fujishima hari ini, lapor agensi berita Kyodo.


Perkembangan itu sekali gus mencetuskan kebimbangan bahawa Jepun sudah tidak mampu untuk mengawal krisis nuklear ekoran tragedi gempa bumi dan tsunami Jumaat lalu.

Ketua Setiausaha Kabinet Yukio Edano berkata kerja-kerja merenjis air ke atas reaktor-reaktor yang terlampau panas terganggu disebabkan arahan mengabaikan loji berkenaan.

“Kesemua pekerja terpaksa menggantung operasi mereka. Kami telah menggesa mereka agar mengosongkannya dan mereka telah melakukannya,” kata beliau.

Pekerja-pekerja terbabit telah dibenarkan kembali setengah jam kemudian selepas kadar radiasi jatuh.

Peningkatan kadar radiasi adalah ekoran kebakaran di Unit 4 kompleks tenaga nuklear terbabit, kata pegawai agensi keselamatan nuklear Jepun.

Kejadian itu dipercayai telah merosakkan ruang tekanan reaktor, paip berisi air di luar teras nuklear yang merupakan sebahagian daripada sistem pendinginan kecemasan.

Krisis nuklear ini mencetuskan kebimbangan antarabangsa dan membayangi sebahagian kerja-kerja mencari dan menyelamat ekoran tragedi Jumaat lalu.

Bencana berganda ini, yang paling buruk dalam sejarah 140 tahun Jepun dikhuatiri telah menyebabkan kematian lebih 10,000 orang.

Pihak berkuasa bekerja keras untuk mengelakkan malapetaka alam sekitar lebih buruk di kompleks tenaga nuklear Fukushima Daiichi, yang terletak ke utara Tokyo.-The Malaysian Insider


Workers Evacuated From Stricken Japan Nuclear Plant

Japanese officials have suspended operations aimed at preventing a stricken nuclear plant from melting down, after a surge in radiation made it too dangerous for workers to remain there.

The chief government spokesman, Yukio Edano, told reporters that radiation levels at the quake-stricken Fukushima plant spiked at mid-morning. He said the remaining workers at the plant were evacuated to a safe area, because of the risk posed by the increased radiation.

Edano said levels have now receded somewhat, and that officials are monitoring them to determine when it would be safe to send the workers back into the plant.

Early Wednesday, what appeared to be white smoke was rising from one of the reactors at the plant, which was crippled by last week's devastating earthquake and resulting tsunami. Edano said officials were trying to determine the cause of the smoke, but that the most likely cause is steam escaping from a ruptured containment vessel in one of the reactors.

Japan's government is trying to avert a major nuclear disaster from the crippled plant. Tens of thousands of people have been evacuated from a 20-kilometer area around the facility.

Authorities also are rushing doctors and emergency supplies to thousands of people who have been left without food, water and shelter following the 9.0 magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami. Japan's NHK television on Tuesday quoted government officials as saying that 3,000 are confirmed dead, but more than 10,000 are missing and feared dead.

The scale of the triple disaster is enormous. U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs spokesperson Stephanie Bunker told VOA Tuesday she has not seen a disaster quite like this before.

Television pictures from hard-hit Sendai show people lined up for water and canned food, and some stores rationing food sales to 10 items per person. In other areas, the 100,000 personnel deployed by the government are attempting to rescue survivors stranded by the flood waters and mountains of debris.

Rescue crews still are struggling through debris-blocked roads to get to hundreds of thousands of people whose towns and villages were leveled by Friday's earthquake and tsunami.

The government says 15,000 people have been rescued and 450,000 have been evacuated nationwide.


Voice of America

Followers

Archive

Related Posts with Thumbnails