Monday, December 6, 2010

Saya Tak Bersalah - Khir Toyo

Khir Toyo Anggota Dewan Undangan Negeri (ADUN) Sungai Panjang merangkap Ketua Pembangkang DUN Selangor itu didakwa mengikut Seksyen 165 Kanun Keseksaan yang memperuntukkan hukuman penjara sehingga dua tahun atau dengan denda atau kedua-duanya sekali, jika sabit kesalahan.

Kalau di China hukuman bagi perasuah pula ialah ditembak dikepala dan kos bagi peluru akan dibiayai oleh keluarga perasuah itu.. nasib baik la Khir Toyo ooiii..

Shamsuddin turut didakwa atas tuduhan bersubahat melakukan kesalahan itu dengan Mohamad Khir pada 29 Mei 2007.

Kedua-duanya mengaku tidak bersalah selepas pertuduhan mengikut Seksyen 165 Kanun Keseksaan dibacakan secara berasingan di hadapan Hakim Azhaniz Teh Azman Teh.

Mohamad Khir dan Shamsuddin masing-masing dibebaskan dengan ikat jamin RM750,000 dengan seorang penjamin


Khir Toyo: I’m innocent
By Melissa Chi

SHAH ALAM, Dec 6 — Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Khir Toyo maintained his innocence today after he was charged earlier with land fraud in connection with the purchase of property in Section 7, Shah Alam.

The former Selangor mentri besar later posted a RM750,000 bail at the same Shah Alam Sessions Court where he had been charged.

If found guilty, the 45-year-old Khir faces up to two years’ imprisonment, a fine, or both under Section 165 of the Penal Code.

“As I’m concerned, I have done nothing wrong. Let the system clear my name, I do believe very much in that one,” he told reporters at about 3:15 pm today.


He stressed that it was now clear that the house was not worth RM24 million as claimed by opposition party leaders.

“I am quite happy because at least they cleared my name... that my house is not [worth] RM24 million,” the assemblyman said.

“I bought this house based on a willing buyer and a willing seller [basis]. The first owner said he bought the house from the previous owner at RM6.5 million but he sold to me at RM3.5 million and it was done in accordance to the law,” he emphasised.

“I have a high confidence in the country’s judiciary system and I am confident that the case will be tried as soon as possible and I can clear my name,” he said.

Khir also brushed off suggestions that the timing of his charge was related to a rumoured snap election. He also declined to comment on whether he suspected any political agenda behind today’s charge.

“I do not know, as a politician I might think that way but let the judiciary system clear my name first,” he said.

Later, Khir said his family had resorted to borrowing in order to pay his RM750,000 bail.

“We need to gather all the funds, borrow money from others. What to do?

“That is why took about two to three hours,” he said.

The Selangor opposition chief is charged with knowingly purchasing two land lots and bungalow for RM3.5 million in Section 7 here from Ditamas Sdn Bhd in 2007, despite the company buying the property for RM6.5 million on December 23, 2004.

The Sungai Panjang assemblyman is charged with obtaining the two land lots and bungalow, which are located at No. 8 and 10, Jalan Suasa 7/1 L, Shah Alam, for himself and his wife Datin Seri Zahrah Kechik, 45.


The Malaysian Insider

Followers

Archive

Related Posts with Thumbnails