To The Prime Minister of Malaysia and the Cabinet,
One month ago, on a Sunday morning after Church, I was driving near Jalan Duta. I was so overcome with emotion that I pulled by the side of the road and wept silently for about three minutes.
What has happened to this beautiful country of Malaysia? How come there are now so many racial and religious problems facing our country?
In addition to the outright looting and plundering of our country’s resources and wealth, there seems to be a group of evil people who want to disrupt the peace and harmony that we cherish and have enjoyed so far.
What a shining example of progress! We are told that 18 years ago, they ended the terrible practice of Apartheid. Look at South Africa today. They are hosting the football World Cup Finals, and this Sunday, all sports fans across the world will watch them host the final of the World Cup.
In 18 short years, they have erased the practices of Apartheid and made tremendous progress.
I had a chance to visit Prague in the Czech Republic three years ago. It was a very enjoyable experience. What really amazed me was how they transformed from a Communist set-up and thinking to a very robust Western-style capitalistic economy in 20 years. A very short time indeed.
In the 60s, Martin Luther King was singing “We shall overcome, we shall overcome some day.” Not much later, they had leaders the likes of Colin Powell, Condoleeza Rice, etc.
Today, the US has Barack Obama as president, a person of Negro-African parentage.
What about Malaysia?
After 54 years of Independence, we still have the likes of Datuk Ibrahim Ali, who continue to harp on raw racial issues. Also the former PA of the present PM who in a 1 Malaysia talk in Melaka called Indians “beggars” and said Chinese women like to “sell their bodies”.
To say we are insulted is an understatement, we are incensed! With such racial bigots around, how do we expect Malaysia to progress like the three countries mentioned above?
An Umno friend remarked recently “Why is your Catholic Church so bad that it took the Government to court over this issue?” I asked him to check the facts and background of the issue.
There was no issue until Tan Sri Syed Hamid Albar, the former home minister made it an issue. The truth is that The Herald has been using the word Allah in their Bahasa Malysia version since 1982.
This is because many Catholics in Sabah and Sarawak are more conversant in BM. The Editor of the Catholic Herald was warned many times in writing about the use of the word Allah.
To protect their rights, they took the Government to court and won. Then the real problems started.
We remember the call by Datuk Seri Najib Razak and Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein in encouraging Muslims to come out in big numbers after prayers on a Friday to show displeasure about the use of the word Allah.
I want to ask Najib and Hishamudin, since when in this country have demonstrations been allowed?
Also the leaders of the government in waiting, such as Lim Guan Eng, Datuk Seri Hadi Awang and Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim signed a joint statement that they have checked the historical records of the Middle East, Egypt, etc.
They said there were no problems with non-Muslims using the word Allah. So Umno was checkmated again!
In the recent Sibu by-election, the head of SUPP George Chan, called us gangster West Malaysian politicians.
He said “Allah has never been a problem in Sarawak, do not stir up religious emotions here”.
Our reply to him was: “Brother, we did not create this problem, your BN Syed Hamid started it”
Burning of houses of worship in January 2010
This was a black mark in our nation’s history. It started with the Metro Tabernacle Church at Desa Melawati. Today, three Malay youths have been charged for this attack.
What many people are not aware of is that God intervened to avoid a near-disaster from happening. One hour before the church was fire-bombed, the Senior Pastor was at the entrance of the church. He had some urgent work and just used his slash card to open the door.
However, God prevented his possible death. Out of the blue, he developed severe stomach cramps, so he returned to his house to ease himself.
I quote from the DPP’s Azlina Radzi statement: “We are not interested in the motives of the accused, but in whether they committed the offence of attacking the Church.”
What a ridiculous remark. How can there be an attack if there is no motive? Unless one can prove that they are insane and fit for Tanjong Rambutan!
Why, after 54 years of Independence, do we still have still so many race and religious problems remaining? Why do we allow a small group of religious and racial bigots to dictate terms and try to destroy the unity, peace and harmony that we enjoy and cherish?
Dr Tan Kee Kwong
- ► 2016 (947)
- ► 2015 (1295)
- ► 2014 (1559)
- ► 2013 (1399)
- ► 2012 (1780)
- ► 2011 (2602)
- Dakwaan rasuah: DAP pecat ahlinya.... tapi UMNO?
- Mustapa Mohamed Bohong tentang FDI..
- Takkan Ling Liong Sik sorang saja kot.... - Guan E...
- Kali ini tak nak bersumpah ke Saiful?
- UMNO Kedah telah lama rebah!
- Hubungan Cinta Farah, Saiful tak dapat disahkan?
- Kabinet ditipu Menteri penipu?
- Ronnie mahu saman Khir Toyo
- Dah Gila ka apa, dia ni?
- Beranikah KJ berdepan Ibrahim Ali?
- Indira Gandhi tukarkan agama anak Redhuan? Kepada ...
- ADUN Galas dimasukkan ke ICU.
- Kisah Anak Pembesar Negara dan si Panglima Tua
- Ini Jawapan Saiful..
- Bekas Presiden MCA dituduh Pecah Amanah, Ikat Jami...
- Sumpah laknat Saiful Bukhari memakan diri ?
- Suara PERKASA : Vendor tak berani edar atau tak la...
- Azwan Ali KUTUK Saiful..
- Mufti Perak hanya orang kecil, saya tak mahu layan...
- UMNO dicabar dedah Melayu dihalau kerajaan negeri ...
- Apabila kes berprofil tinggi ditutup
- Rakyat perlu Ubah Gaya Hidup agar Najib boleh teru...
- Benar guru aktif berpolitik langkah silap UMNO/BN
- Did DPP Farah Azlina have sex with Saiful?
- UMNO/BN bayar RM1 juta untuk Pembohong?
- Hah? RM90,000 digunakan untuk meruntuhkan Arca Sen...
- Lakukah dendangan perpaduan Umno
- Isteri kedua ADUN Lunas mohon sah nikah.
- Antara Farah Azlina dan Gani Patail
- Siapa halang Guru berpolitik kalau bukan UMNO..
- Masyaallah..Baru Aku tahu rupanya ada kubur diatas...
- Benarkan Guru Berpolitik , agenda BN menghadapi PR...
- Surat dari MP British kepada Taib Mahmud..
- Surat MP British kepada Taib Mahmud
- Guru dibenarkan kembali berpolitik.. tapi sokong P...
- Taib Mahmud disambut dengan Demonstrasi di Oxford....
- Ahmad Maslan yang DESPERATE..
- Tycoons splash RM8mil in St Tropez champagne war
- Al KIsah Raja tak berhidung
- Belanja pertahanan RM180b
- Siri Pengkhianatan UMNO terhadap Melayu
- Eh? Perli Rosmah ka ni?
- Laporan Utusan Berniat Jahat!
- 'Perpaduan Melayu' benteng terakhir UMNO?
- 3.5Juta Euro dituang kelantai begitu sahaja..
- Raja Petra punya pasal.. Pasukan pendakwa kes Anwa...
- Guang Eng saman Utusan, SDO
- Ezam Mohd Noor Meludah ke langit..
- Ada Pegawai sabotaj Kerajaan Kedah?
- Videoclip : Ezam Memutarbelit fakta di Taman Sri A...
- Isu Pasir : Kenapa sudah diam Muhyiddin?
- Apakah PAS mahu tertipu macam gajah ?
- Pasir : Khir Toyo! Lu jangan cakap besar!
- Nyahkan Anwar dari S'gor - Ezam
- PR Selangor tak akan bubar DUN jika BN panggil PRU...
- Naib Presiden PAS minta Mufti Perak minta maaf ter...
- Videoclip : Ezam memutarbelit fakta di ceramah 'Se...
- UMNO Yang untung disebalik 'Perpaduan Melayu'
- UMNO/BN Serang PR Selangor bila gagal terus rompak...
- 200 Orang saja? Nak Rampas Selangor macam mana ni?...
- RM1000 kepada anak yang menjaga Ibu Bapanya di P.P...
- Negara kena Bangkrap dulu... Baru boleh maju..
- Dato Azhar!! Balik tengok kawasan hang la..
- Nik Ali Sanggup Bercakap Bohong!
- UMNO Selangor tertekan, Poket Kroni dah kering.
- Azalina bimbang Puteri Umno pupus
- Apa UMNO Pulau Pinang buat ketika jadi 'tunggangan...
- Saiful bercinta lagi?
- Idea BODOH Ibrahim Ali ditolak bulat-bulat..
- Curi Pasir : Kenapa Tindakan Polis berbeza di dua ...
- Fuh!! Nasib baik Parlimen Malaysia tak jadi macam ...
- Najib bayar RM50K untuk dapat liputan akhbar Ameri...
- Isu Kpg Pokok Asam : UMNO jangan dok buat cerita.
- Persetan perpaduan Melayu! dalam Umno sendiripun b...
- EKSLUSIF : Sebab Lionel Messi gagal menjaringkan g...
- Rasuah RM11 Juta : Australia minta bantuan SPRM
- Perpaduan Melayu : Ini antara sebabnya..
- Adakah PAS Dilihat Jahat Jika Menolak Tawaran Perp...
- Perpaduan Melayu : TG Haji Hadi, jangan biarkan lu...
- Utusan Putar belit Kenyataan saya - Nasrudin Tanta...
- Perpaduan Melayu : Harussani hanya mahu Bodek Naji...
- Cukuplah Utusan, nampak macam UMNO desperate - Kha...
- Sekolah Tamil : Mereka di TIPU lagi.. Janji tingga...
- PAS cabar Harussani dedah identiti wakil..
- Lain Macam saja kenyataan dia ni..
- Khas Buat Pemimpin UMNO/BN..
- Videoclip : UTK Menyerbu Konvoi Sultan Kelantan.
- Rosmah Terkangkang di Sabah : Cepatnya Balasan All...
- Siapa Perdana Menteri ni?? Rosmah atau Najib
- UMNO Selangor nak tunjuk handal kepada Najib?
- Dasar Tamak UMNO/BN, dah ada RM10B potong subsidi ...
- Anwar akan terus dihumban ke penjara?
- Jawablah Khairy.. Kenapa Diam?
- REALPOLITIK DI KEMAS KINI
- Lelaki yang ditahan bersama Paris Hilton itu ialah...
- Isu pasir Selangor, agenda tersembunyi BN
- Siapa Dalang Pencuri Pasir?
- Harussani BOHONG!!
- Pilih.. Parti atau Kerajaan?
- Kuota 30% saham bumiputera telah dihapus
- ▼ July (257)