KUALA LUMPUR: The much awaited high profile sodomy trial of PKR advisor Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is set for hearing on July 8.
Sources said 30 prosecution witnesses are expected to testify in the sodomy trial. Among the key witnesses are Anwar’s former personal aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan, investigating officer DSP Jude Pereira, Hospital Kuala Lumpur doctors and condominium staff.
Anwar’s application to get certain documents for preparation of his defence will be heard on July 1.
The Opposition leader’s application to strike out his sodomy charge will be heard on July 8. On March 10, Anwar had pleaded not guilty to sodomising Saiful, 24, at a condominium in Bukit Damansara here on June 26, last year.
At the outset of court proceedings Monday, High Court judge Justice Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah fixed the new date after Anwar’s lead counsel Sulaiman Abdullah applied for some time to respond to the affidavits-in-reply filed by the Public Prosecutor. Sulaiman said it was not possible for the sodomy trial to proceed without the court disposing off related applications by Anwar.
He applied to the court to hear an application by Anwar to get certain documents for preparation of his defence, which was scheduled for yesterday to be fixed on July 1. Last Wednesday, Anwar’s lawyer Sankara Nair had said he only received CCTV recordings, a chart on the DNA testing of Saiful, a chemist’s report, a medical examination report and Anwar’s witness statement from a senior investigating officer for preparation of his client’s case.
Sankara said there were other outstanding reports which were not supplied, including the statements by prosecution witnesses, all medical notes by Kuala Lumpur Hospital doctors who examined Saiful, related photographs with respect to Saiful’s physical examination and video recordings of Saiful when he gave his statement to the police.
Sulaiman also asked the court to set a new mention date for Anwar’s application to strike out his sodomy charge, which was scheduled for hearing on Friday. “In view of the necessity of these two applications to be disposed of, I apply to your lordship to exercise your power to vacate the sodomy hearing which was scheduled at this High Court on July 1,” he said.
Sulaiman told the judge he would file his documents by June 29 in relation to Anwar’s application to get documents under Sections 5, 51 and 51A of the Criminal Procedure Code. Sulaiman said his client’s appeal against Justice Mohamad Zabidin’s ruling to transfer the sodomy trial from the Sessions Court to the High Court was pending at the Court of Appeal.
Lead prosecutor Solicitor-General II Datuk Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden said he had no objections over adjournment of the hearing of the application Monday. Mohd Yusof said the respondent (Public Prosecutor) also needed time to observe and file an affidavit-in-reply over detailed documents filed by Anwar in relation to his striking out application over sodomy charge.
He asked for the court to excuse the witnesses’ attendance on July 1.
Source : The Star Online
- ► 2016 (582)
- ► 2015 (1296)
- ► 2014 (1559)
- ► 2013 (1399)
- ► 2012 (1780)
- ► 2011 (2602)
- ► 2010 (3220)
- Raja AP sebenar...
- Logo Pulau Pinang dah ditukarkah?
- Hah!! Polis ada hubungan dengan Samseng??
- Siapa kata tiada minyak di Kelantan?
- Permohonan Nizar Untuk Sidang 11 Hakim Ditolak...T...
- Anak jati Manek Urai tambatan Pas untuk Manek Urai...
- Tak cukup dengan Polis, Tentera pula diguna.
- Facebook milik Yahudi rupanya...
- Dah la dia rogol.. lepas tu dia makan pulak!!
- Istana Bekas Dr. gigi
- RM900,000 dibayar kepada Jean Todt ..
- HIMPUNAN PERDANA PERPADUAN 100,000 Rakyat 30 June ...
- PAS tidak pernah langgar janji atau tinggalkan kaw...
- Orang makan Mayat !!!
- Media release regarding Unity Goverment
- Kenyataan Media berkenaan Kerajaan Perpaduan
- Nik Aziz and Nash make up
- Pakatan Rakyat Tolak Kerajaan Perpaduan
- PR leaders rejected UMNO UG proposal
- Anwar sodomy trial set for July 8
- Nak makan malam pun tak boleh...
- Pemimpin Pas takut DAP, PKR kata Raja Katak
- PAS tidak akan benarkan dirinya jadi talian hayat ...
- Peringatan kepada yang masih hidup!!
- PAS tidak lupa sengketa lama..
- Putuskan sepenuhnya hubungan dengan Umno!!
- Crisis-hit PAS asks members to stay calm
- PAS spat worsens, Nik Aziz calls for meeting!!
- Nasharudin kini keseorangan..
- Apa dia kerajaan perpaduan??
- Antara dua darjat...
- Bila PAS Tertelan Racun Lipas UMNO
- Marah sungguh dia ni..
- Ketuanan Melayu dari pandangan seorang Melayu
- ▼ June (34)